Monday, September 3, 2012

Adios Manhattan y hola Brooklyn!

Hi all,

I have just moved back to NYC and I am now a Brooklynite! I am loving my new apartment in Brooklyn Heights. The quiet atmosphere is quite lovely. I am beginning to discover a few study spots on the plaza and on the promenade. I am always seeing parents with their kids and people who ACTUALLY live here as opposed to the tourists in Midtown. It is definitely going to be an adventure living in such a radically different environment.





Since moving back to the city, I have tried to participate in some new activities. This year a made a list of all the places I want to explore. So far, I have checked off the Staten Island ferry, Brooklyn Bridge park, and kayaking on the East River. I even went to an opera at the Metropolitan Opera House. The opera was fantastic! I never realized how beautiful vocals can be when they are not sung in English. I believe they were singing in Italian. (And yes, we had subtitles!) I cannot even imagine how long it took them to learn all the lyrics because they basically sang the entire show. I am so excited to participate in culture enriching activities. I may even go to the "Anna Bolena" opera tonight!





My other new goal is to visit as many new churches as possible. Even though I enjoy going to World Changer Church-NY, I feel that trying something new would be great and I might just find something that I enjoy. I will always webcast my home church back in Texas because it is essentially the bread and butter that I need from a church community. I know eventually I will join a connect group with one of the local churches in the city. I will keep everyone updated.

~Gracias!~

BTW
Check out: http://www.hellobrooklyn.com
The site showcases events going on here in Brooklyn!

 Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment